Mardon offers superior appraisals, competitively priced, prepared by our experienced staff, which conform to current professional appraisal standards and practices.
- Certified Gemologist Appraiser and Graduate Gemologists
- Certified Gem Laboratory of the American Gem Society
- Gemological instruments like those used at the GIA lab
- GemGuide - state-of-the-art appraisal database and software
- Polygon - jewelers network for accurate up-to-date price information
Mardon Appraisals are written legal documents that feature:
- Separate page for each item
- Grading and identification of each gem
- Accurate measurements and weight estimates of each gem
- Narrative description of each item
- High quality digital photograph of each item
- Dollar valuation of each item
- Digital archiving and transmission
- Full disclosure of the function and limits of the appraisal
- Actual appraisers signature
- Gemological Consultation- verbal information for knowing what you have and it's approximate value
- Insurance Appraisal- written documents for insuring your jewelry
- Estate Appraisal- written documents for valuing estates and inheritances
- Fair Market Appraisal- written documents for selling, barter, bankruptcy, divorce, etc.
- Liquidation Value - written documents for collateral
- Gem Identification, Grading, and Damage Reports- written documents when you need detailed and specific gemological information
- Gem and Jewelry Photography- Digital photos when you need a photographic record
- Gemological Lab Reports- written documents from an independent lab, such as GIA, as needed
- Damage Reports - Chipped diamonds, scratched gems. Our written documents help your insurer settle your claim.
- Expert Witness- available for legal proceedings
- Appraisals for Insurance, Estate, Fair Market Value, etc.- Written document including 2 copies, digital photo and archiving, $100 for the first item, $75 for each additional. Extra large appraisals may benefit from our hourly fee of $150 per hour.
- Updates- Items previously appraised by Mardon within 5 years are available for a nominal fee of $50 per item.
- Consultations- We'll examine your items to determine value, content, identity, etc. and explain our findings verbally. Minimum- $35, $150 hourly fee for extended consultations.
- Gem Photography- Minimum- $35, Hourly fee, $150/hr plus materials. Digital photos, CDs available
- Expert Witness- Call for fees.